Too late!!

Hhahahaha there is a lot more after this post.. I'll post soon.. hopefully..

posto novas novidades soon!!

Hello!! So here is a little update on my first three weeks on the GEM. And I can really say life is good!! hehhehe until now everything is being great. We are having a slow week now, not many kids. Actually it’s almost like there is no kids at all, we sometimes have 9 counselors on duty and 7 kids playing… so, do the math. I am getting the hang of the job, do some games myself, and I already had 2 port plays all by myself, it is when we are on port we charge parents extra money to stay with the kids while they go out, or just go around the ship, and 2 late nights, when we also charge to stay with the kids after 10:30pm. Every other counselor I’ve met didn’t get to do those things before a month onboard, and I got all in 1 week and a half.. so I think I am good on it!.
3 weeks gone!! WOW… time flies in here, 3 weeks but it feels like more. We have everything in the ship, so I am always doing something, working, going to restaurants, going shopping, the gym ( not that I ever set foot in there, but ok!), dancing clubs, crew bar, crew market, theater, so much fun.
I already been to Split and Dubrovnik in Croatia, in Split I went in a passengers tour for the Krka National Park to see the awesome waterfalls, and in Dubrovnik I just walked around town with some friends. Been to some Greek Islands like Corfu, Mikonos, Santorini, Piraeus, Nafplion and this week I will go to Iraklion. And also Izmir in Turkey, where I got to go to the old city of Ephesus.
Sad part is that some of my, already, good friends are leaving soon, Sunshine from Ukraine, Kaboom from NY, and some other people I’ve met… that’s sad… but they have funny names don’t they! All the Youth Counselors have silly names, I am Rolly Polly, ok, take a minute to laugh, everybody does it. But it is funny and the kids like it.
I had a list in my head of fun and cool facts I’ve seen around here, but of course I forgot, so long I took to type this.. I’ll try to upload some pictures and maybe make a video o my cabin this week and post here!!
Missing everybody…Love
Roro…
Oiii.. update da minha vida no GEM.. A vida é boa! Até agora ta tudo ótimo, poucas crianças, quase nada de trabalho.. serio.. um dia tínhamos 9 counselors trabalhando e 6 ou 7 crianças.. Eu já aprendi quase tudo do trabalho.. já fiz port play e late nights, que são quando só uma pessoa trabalha e nós cobramos extra por isso..e td mundo que trabalha comigo, nunca fez isso antes de um mês no navio, e eu fiz os dois na primeira semana! Yay me!
3 semanas já se passaram!! WOW, o tempo voa aqui, 3 semanas que parecem muito mais! Tem de tudo neste navio, então sempre tem alguma coisa para se fazer, trabalhar, ir a restaurantes, fazer compras, academia ( não que eu tenho passado perto de lá, mas tem duas aqui), boates, o bar dos tripulantes, o mercadinho, teatro, e outras coisas.
Já fui a Split e Dubrovnik na Croácia. Em Split fui em um tour com os passageiros ao Parque nacional de Krka, com muitas cachoeiras, em Dubrovnick eu andei pela cidade com uns amigos. Já fui nas seguintes ilhas gregas: Corfu, Santorini, Mikonos, Nafplion, Iraklion, não sei se os nomes mudam em português. E também a Izmir na Turquia, onde fui em outro tour para Ephesus e uma fabica de tapetes. Estou indo em tours em todas as cidades, pois posso acompanhá-los e vou de grátis!! Ahahahhaha
A parte triste é que duas de minhas amigas vão embora.. Kaboom de NY e Sunshine da Ucrânia, e outras pessoas. Todos os YC’s tem um nome engraçado, o meu é Rolly Polly, que significa Tatu bola em inglês ahahhahhha....tudo bem, momento para rirem de mim!.........
Eu tinha feito uma lista de coisas que queria escrever, mas é claro que me esqueci... Vou tentar tirar algumas fotos e fazer um vídeo de minha cabine, se minha câmera cooperar e a preguiça deixar.
0 Responses